Worland Aquatic Center
Swim Lessons 2018
*Swim lesson registration will begin April 2, 2018. There will be forms at the front desk to fill out. Below are the tentative dates and times to sign up.
- Prices for Members is now $35.00 for 8 sessions
- Prices for Non-Members is now $45.00 for 8 sessions
- Each lesson will comprise of 30 minutes of instruction with play time at the end
Swim lesson information:
*Lessons are for ages 4 and up. Upon arriving at the time you desire the instructors will assess each child for area of teaching based on skill level.
Starfish-learn to blow bubbles out nose, mouth, putting head under the water, various glides, streamline with kick and on back with assistance and water safety skills.
Minnows-fully submerging and holding breath, bobbing, criss-cross applesauce, various floats, rolling on front to back-vice versa, swimming on front using leg actions, tickle T touch, water safety skills.
Tadpoles-bobbing while moving to safety, rotary breathing, retrieving objects from bottom, front gliding to back float, treading water, changing directions from vertical to horizontal, front crawl with kick for 15 yards, tickle T touch, combined arm and leg actions, water safety skills.
Trout-entering water by jumping off side, fully submerged, recovering objects from the bottom, headfirst entry in sitting position and kneeling position, survival float, treading water for 1 minute, pushing off streamline, front crawl 15 yards, breast stroke, streamline on back using leg kicks, back crawl for 15 yards, water safety skills, talk about CPR.
Pike-feet first entry from side in compact position, feet first entry from the side in stride position, swim underwater, feet first surface dive, survival swimming, tread water for 2 minutes in deep water, push off streamline position on front and back, dolphin kick, front crawl for 25 yards, breast stroke for 15 yards, side stroke-scissor kick with arms for 15 yards, water safety skills, talk about CPR and AED.
Sharks/Dolphins-feet first entry from the side in compact position, and in stride position, swim underwater, feet first surface dive, tuck and pike surface dive, survival swimming, tread water for 2 minutes, front crawl 75-100 yards, breast stroke 75-100 yards, butterfly 15 yards, front crawl-back crawl open turn, flip turn, back crawl 75-100 yards, elementary back 75-100 yards, sidestroke kick 25 yards, water safety skills.
|Sessions Offered||Time Available for Each Session|
|1ST||June 4-7 & June 11-14||8:50-9:30||9:40-10:20||10:30-11:10||11:20-12:00|
|2nd||June 18-21 & June 25-28||8:50-9:30||9:40-10:20||10:30-11:10||11:20-12:00|
|3rd||July 9-12 & July 16-19||8:50-9:30||9:40-10:20||10:30-11:10||11:20-12:00|
|4th||July 23-26 & July 30-Aug 2||8:50-9:30||9:40-10:20||10:30-11:10||11:20-12:00|
Middle School Swimming
- Pool closed to lap swimming in lap pool along with activity pool during these dates and times
- Tuesday-March 13th pool closes at 1:00 PM to prep for swim meet (meet starts at 4:15 PM)
- Saturday-March 17th pool closed all day to public swimming for swim meet (meet starts at 10:00 AM)
From 4:00 PM-5:30 PM the pool will be closed for public swimming on these dates and times
- February 15 -16 (Thu and Fri)
- February 20-21 (Tues and Wed)
- February 26-March 2 (Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri)
- March 5, 7-9 (Mon, Wed, Thur, Fri)
- March 14-16 (Wed, Thur, Fri)
Hours of Operation
- (5:15 AM-2:00 PM) (4:00 PM-8:00 PM)
- (5:15 AM-2:00 PM) (4:00 PM-6:30 PM)
- Slide open on Friday evening from 5:00-6:30 PM
- (8:00 AM-2:00 PM) (4:00-8:00 PM)
- (1:00-5:00 PM)
- Slide will be open from (1:00-5:00 PM)
- Monday/Tuesday/Thursday 12:30-1:30 PM
- Summer hours-please call for more information
- Punch pass for 9 can be purchased-Non-Members $40.00/Seniors Age 60 plus $35.00
Hydro Aerobics pricing when there is an instructor
- Members are free when there is not an instructor/Non-members will pay fee for access
- Non-Member drop in rate $7.00 when there is an instructor
- Member drop in rate $5.00 when there is an instructor
**If there is no instructor patrons will pay normal daily fees based on age
- Age 60-plus $5.00 Age 12-59 $6.00