Pool, Spa & Slide Rules
All rules and guidelines are in place for your safety and the safety of other patrons.
Winter Time/School Season
- When there are more than 30 patrons in the water on the weekends we will blow a 5 minute break so staff can check on water condition and safety precautions.
- Slide will be open Friday evening from 5:00-6:30 PM and on the weekends from 1:00-5:00 PM.
*Slide open Monday-Friday 1:00-6:00 PM
* 5 min. break at top of the hour- (2/3/4/5) during the week
- Breaks are in place to allow patrons to get a drink of water and to utilize bathrooms. You will hear lifeguards blow one long whistle to warn you.
*Slide open Saturday/Sunday 1:00-5:00 PM
* 5 min. break at top of the hour- (2/3/4 ) on the weekends
Whistling at the pool
Should you hear staff blow a whistle there are variations: Here are what each blowing of whistle means:
- One long whistle-clear the pool area and relocate to deck area and wait for further instructions. It will also mean a lifeguard is entering the water to rescue an active patron.
- One short whistle-means patrons are being warned to follow a rule or guideline that has been broken
- Two short whistles-means WAC staff are communicating to each other
- Three short whistles-clear the pool and the WAC Emergency Action Plan is into place, most likely 911 is being called and awaiting EMS to arrive.
*Please read all posted signs up on the deck area (located at the dive tank, slide and spa area). Please read posted signs on doorways, locker rooms and family dressing room.
*Failure to comply with any of the rules set forth by the Worland Aquatic Center could result in membership being suspended or be asked to leave the facility.
*At no point are young children allowed to wear arm sleeves. We recommend puddle jumpers or lifejackets for their safety. We do supply floatation devices at no charge.
Diving Board & Deep Area Rules
- Only one person on the diving board at a time
- Only one bounce on the board
- Make sure area is clear under diving board before jumping
- Jump straight off the end of the board and swim to the nearest ladder
- No floatation devices in diving well
- Non swimmers are not allowed in deep area
- No tossing objects to patrons jumping off the diving board
- Failure to follow our guidelines regarding use of diving board and deep area may result in suspension or permanent removal of privileges
- Swimmers may be requested to pass a swim test prior to going off the diving board if swimming skill is in question
- (Swim test will be comprised of the following: 1 length (25 yards) without using the wall, lane lines, or standing on the bottom of the pool)
- Only 10 patrons are allowed in spa
- Children 5 years of age and under are not allowed in the spa
- Children 6-11 years of age must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older
- No horse playing or putting head under water
- Limit use to 15 minutes or less
- No flotation devices or toys in spa
- Individuals with medical conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease, respiratory problems and those who are pregnant should avoid the use of spa
- Failure to follow our guidelines regarding use of spa may result in suspension or permanent removal of privileges
Water Slide Guidelines
- Must be at least 48 inches to ride down the slide alone
- If less than 48 inches they must ride with a responsible party of 15 years old or with an adult
- No lifejackets, flotation devices or metal on swimsuits
- Place goggles on forehead or wrist
- Must go down the slide feet first sitting or on their backs
- Lifeguard or attendant will give command to go down slide
- Exit at stairs
- Patrons with health conditions or who are pregnant should not use the slide
- Failure to follow our guidelines regarding use of slide may result in suspension or permanent removal of privileges